Short Video Contest Summary
We invite you to participate in Up.St.ART Annapolis’ first short video contest called “New Beginnings.” Create a video that is five minutes or less in the theme of “New Beginnings.” Your video can take any form, including, but not limited to, compilation, short movie, documentary, Vlog or interview. The contest is open to everyone. So, pull out your phone or HD camera and get shooting! You don’t need to be a professional filmmaker to play.
Winner will receive recognition in the fall 2018 issue of Up.St.ART Annapolis and the video will be posted on our website, social media, and announced at our fall launch party in October. Winner will also receive an Up.St.ART Annapolis t-shirt and earn a lunch with our publisher, Jimi Davies. Okay, that last one may seem like a boobie prize but that’s what we’ve got.
Videos will be judged by Christian Smooth of Smooth House Productions and JR Mitchell of Haymaker Media.
- Video must follow the “New Beginnings” theme
- Length of the video must be within 5 minutes
- Video must be submitted via file sharing link or invitation, which is emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit by August 30, 2018
- Include proof of permission to use any copyrighted materials not belonging to the videographer/producer
- Must not be an existing contributor or staff member of Up.St.ART
- Meets all eligibility requirements
- Subject Matter – able to determine the theme of “New Beginnings” from the video presentation alone
- Impact & Creativity – the way in which the idea or message is conveyed, whether through narrative, music, performance, still frames, etc.
- Style – personal originality and technique
- Technicality – focus, lighting, scene framing, audio, transitions, etc.
Want a taste of what we like? Check out the archives and peruse our past issues to see the creativity we’ve been drawn to in the past. But please know, this is only a partial picture. We don’t always know what we like until we see it. So, play and have fun!
Deadline for submissions is August 30, 2018. Please send video links with your full name, address, phone number, and email address to email@example.com.